This 2-4-2T wheel arrangement locomotive was built by Burnam Williams & Co. (under license to the Baldwin Locomotive Works) in November 1906 at Philadelphia Pennsylvania. It was bought new by the J.E. Henry Lumber Co. It was driven by Louis Boyle from 1906 until 1946. After that it was relegated to yard switcher service until 1964. Its last run at the mill was in 1969.
East Branch & Lincoln 2-4-2T no. 5 was on static display for many years at the entrance to the Loon Mountain Ski resort in Lincoln, NH. In 1999, she was moved only a couple of miles down the road to Clark's Trading Post in exchange for a 1917 porter locomotive.
She has been fully restored to steam. It has a new coal bunker, pivot on the pilot, plumbing and brass valves etc.
She made her public debut on Clark's "Railroad Days" weekend on September 25-26, 1999. Over that weekend, this 1906 Baldwin hauled a demonstration log train, and took part in a triple-headed passenger train with Heisler no. 4 and Climax no. 6. She is shown here on September 26, 1999.
She is normally stored in the engine shed as serviceable. She is run on special occasions such as Railroad Days.
On Sept 16 and 17 she had her 100 year old birthday party!
Contact the WMCRR
This site designed by Clark's Trading Post
Copyright Clark's Trading Post
US Rt. 3, Lincoln, New Hampshire
- The WMCRR and Clark's trading Post are not legally responsible for any inaccuracies in information on this website
- All schedules, fares and motive power are subject to change without notification.
- Only certified "service dogs" accompanied by their masters can be brought aboard the train.
Last Modified 11/11/06 4:23 PM