This little 0-4-0T was built by H.K. Porter in 1931. It previously operated as a switching locomotive at the Koppers tie treatment plant in Nashua. It was in use on the property before Koppers took it over. The Porter was retired in 1954 and was replaced by a 25-ton G.E. diesel. That same year it was purchased by Edward Clark in Nashua for $300. The Clark family was saving old steam engines from the scrappers torch. It was loaned to the local golf club for three years. In 1957-58 it arrived at Clark's Trading Post in North Woodstock, where they had started "green pastures for iron horses", which later became the White Mountain Central Railroad. The smallest engine on Clark's roster, she usually only sees use on special occasions, such as the annual "Railroad Days" in late September. The 2006 event included four engines in steam, demonstration log trains, and a steam triple-header. No. 1 is shown here on September 16, 2006.
Contact the WMCRR
This site designed by Clark's Trading Post
Copyright Clark's Trading Post
US Rt. 3, Lincoln, New Hampshire
- The WMCRR and Clark's trading Post are not legally responsible for any inaccuracies in information on this website
- All schedules, fares and motive power are subject to change without notification.
- Only certified "service dogs" accompanied by their masters can be brought aboard the train.
|Loco1.jpg||1||141362||10/11/06 11:52 AM||Bramah
Last Modified 10/11/06 11:52 AM